I know I know, everyone hates it but it’s time for New Year’s resolutions. No idea why everyone hates it. Yeah some of them won’t last but some of them do right? I always make them. So before I go into this year’s resolution let’s review last years.
For one I started writing again. It was my goal to write at least once a month on this blog and I’ve done that!
I wanted to save at least $1200 by the end of 2013. That would be 100 every month and I ended up saving $1300!
Another one of my resolutions was to give more. In 2013 I gave more to my nephews and to my sister and to my missionary friend.
I wanted to start working out more and to eat healthy and to cook. OK I know I didn’t start working out more. That one only happened for the first few months of 2013 but the eating healthy part did last all year! Except the cooking part. I don’t think throwing spinach and veggies in a bowl is really cooking.
I had a resolution to stop complaining but I didn’t meet that one at all. Actually I think that one got worse…
I wanted to read more. Since before I wasn’t reading at all, I did accomplish this one because I finished two books and still trying to finish one more.
OK Now for this year.
- This one is not really for the whole year but every time I start it I fail so I wanted to really commit to it. That being the Love Your Body Challenge by Tone It Up
- Cook a new recipe
i. Since last year I failed this one I’m going to make it more specific. I want to make at least 1 new dish (not microwavable) once every two months. ( I started that today)
- Go for walks. Maybe just around the neighborhood or even in the mall to go shopping!
- Mental stuff
- Be more grateful
i. Say thank you and really mean it to people
- Look them in the eye when you say it
ii. At least weekly take the time to reflect on everything I have and thank God for it
- Meet with the counselor at least once a month until I feel better for at least 4 consecutive months. I hate feeling depressed every month and I’m sure it’s because I only see my counselor when I need her instead of regularly.
- Leave the country
- I want to go on a cruise. If not for sure use my passport to travel (that’s what I wanted to save money for in my 2013 resolution).
- Make a friend. I really don’t have any close friends. The ones I have aren’t to trust worthy…
OK I think that’s if, of course if I think of any more I’ll post them.